When staging a vacant property, I need to insert furniture, accessories, and artwork from my inventory. But what accessory items should you consider purchasing in order to make the most impact?
1. A colorful area rug grounds the furniture pieces into a conversation grouping
2. Decorative pillows—not the pillows that came with the furniture– make the neutral furniture stand out
3. A tall corner piece such as a vase with sticks or a ladder bookshelf holding decorative glassware
4. A floor lamp and color-matching table lamp for additional lighting–especially useful during evening showings
5. Colorful artwork that can make a refined statement
6. A framed mirror. A mirror was used as a substitute for a window in this windowless room. Normally it bounces light around the room, making the room seem larger.
7. A dramatic table centerpiece and dinnerware makes everyone feel like entertaining
8. Fluffy bath towels and bath accessories evoke a spa-like retreat in a master bathroom
9. A luxurious bed with nice linens, colorful pillows and a decorative headboard makes the master bedroom look serene
10. Natural-looking foliage
The metal plant stand with natural-looking foliage acts as a screen for this vignette.
11. Something quirky or unexpected
When strolling through re-sale shops, discount stores, or consignment places, I look for unusual pieces that will work in many different scenarios. The metal table (above) can be used as a sofa table, a dining buffet, or in this case, as a foyer piece.
Use your imagination and creative abilities to re-purpose items to fit your needs. Premiere Home Stagers uses pieces that enhance your specific house, making it more unique. Call 608-345-9396 for your unique consultation.