The Real Estate Staging Association (RESA) recently released their Home Staging Statistics Report, based on home staging statistics self-reported by professional home stagers nationally. Homes staged before listing sold 90% faster than unstaged homes listed on the MLS. Un-staged homes spent an average of 184 Days On Market (DOM). That’s more than 6 months! Once those same homes were staged, they sold, on average, in 41 days. However, homes that were staged prior to listing sold, on average, in 23 days!
Paying for Home Staging
Here are some ways to include home staging in your listing:
- Build the staging price into the listing price; recoup at closing
- Have the realtor include a staging consultation to their marketing budget
- For vacant property, add the cost of staging, furniture and accessories rental, plus delivery to the closing cost
- Split the cost of staging with the homeowner
- Check with your tax adviser as staging costs may be tax deductible