Within each city, town, village, or county, there are new subdivisions being developed.  In Wisconsin, each governmental body determines their own planning, development, and zoning regulations that are more restrictive than the State statues.

The word “subdivision” conjures up a plat of land that contains single-family homes.  However, the word “neighborhood” is defined as a carefully planned mix of mostly single-family residential development, with well-designed, limited components of two family and townhouse residential, multiple family residential, institutional, and recreational land uses.

Each “neighborhood” accommodates a mixture of housing types, costs, and densities, while maintaining the predominance of single family housing in the community. One village’s policy is that at least 65% of new housing units in the planned neighborhood area as a whole should be single family residences, which leaves 35% for mixed usage.

Another policy for large neighborhoods is the designation of green or recreational space within the boundaries of the plat. Some subdivisions build a pool for their occupants, which is a great marketing tactic. This newly-built park  is a great space for basketball, soccer, meeting, and playground equipment.

There are pros and cons if you purchase (or build) one of the first residences in the subdivision.  Builders get their choice of lots and generally receive a discount from the developer if they buy within a certain time period.  The builders can then choose to offer a discount to their client.  If choosing a specific plot is important in terms of rear exposure, sunlight, or having no backyard neighbors, then you’ll probably need to be an early adopter.  But, early adopters have to endure construction noise and inconvenience while the surrounding houses are being built.  Homeowners who are used to having open views, will think the new house next door encroaches on their space.  Even though there are specific home styles allowed in a subdivision, each builder will have their own models to work from. So, if you bought a ranch-style house, perhaps your neighbor specified a two-story, which might block some of the sunlight from your screened porch.

Savannah Brooks

Savannah Brooks subdivision is in the Town of Windsor, WI.  Its location near the I90/94 and US 51 interchange is an ideal location for those who work on the north side of Madison or the surrounding suburbs.  You are minutes away from major shopping, restaurants, golf, and entertainment.

This house was staged by Premiere Stagers & Realty.  This “Real Estate Show”  showcases the staging and the finishes used by Victory Stone Builders. Take a look (no sound).

If you are interested in this property, please contact me for a private showing.  Gina Newell, eXp Realty, 608-345-9396.